Workers’ Compensation

All ACC employees are covered under provisions of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act. Any accident or illness caused while performing services for the College must be filed under Workers’ Compensation.

In the event of an accident or injury that occurs while on the job, do the following:

  1. Immediately report any accident or injury to the supervisor whether or not medical attention is required.
  2. Contact Campus Police Dispatch at 512-223-7999 (non-campus phone). The police officer will arrange for medical assistance, if needed, and complete an Incident Report.
  3. Contact the ACC Environmental Health Safety and Insurance Office, 512-223-1015 and notify them of the time, date, and nature of the accident or injury.
  4. If the ACC Environmental Health Safety and Insurance Office is closed, contact them within 24 hours or the next business day.

In the event of a serious accident or injury, seek immediate medical attention FIRST and then contact the ACC Environmental Health Safety and Insurance Office within 24 hours.

Workers’ Comp Claims

All filed Workers’ Comp claims are thoroughly reviewed and investigated. Fraudulent claims are grounds for termination. Compensation for lost wages for work-related accidents will be covered under Texas Workers’ Comp program. Claims for all non-work related injuries should be filed on personal health insurance.

The Workers’ Compensation procedures and/or Injury Report are located on ACC’s Environmental Health and Safety and Insurance Office website at

Back to Top
  • Contact HR

  • Back to Top