Workers’ Compensation

At Austin Community College (ACC), we prioritize the well-being of our employees, and that’s why we offer Workers’ Compensation. This essential coverage provides protection and support to our staff in case of work-related injuries or illnesses. If an employee gets hurt on the job or suffers a work-related health issue, Workers’ Compensation steps in to cover medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and even disability benefits. Our goal is to ensure a safe and secure work environment for all our employees, and this policy plays a vital role in providing them with the necessary support during challenging times.

Filing a Claim

To start filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim, have an ACC co-worker complete our ACC Employee Accident Form and the Injury/Incident Reporting Form for the Department of Safety and Environmental Management. The ACC Employee Accident Form will automatically send an email to the employee claimant with further instructions. Please review the list of providers covered by our employee accident insurance.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Workers' Compensation, and how does it apply to ACC Employees?

Worker’s Compensation is a system of insurance that provides benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses. As an ACC Employee, you are covered by Worker’s Compensation for any injuries or illnesses that occur within the scope of your employment.

Am I eligible for Workers' Compensation as an ACC Employee?

Yes, as an ACC Employee, you are eligible for Worker’s Compensation benefits. The coverage includes a wide range of work-related injuries and illnesses, such as accidents on campus, occupational diseases, and injuries sustained while performing job-related tasks.

What benefits am I entitled to while recovering from a workplace injury?

While recovering from a workplace injury, you may be entitled to various benefits, such as medical treatment coverage, temporary disability benefits to replace lost wages during your recovery period, and compensation for any permanent disabilities resulting from the injury.

How do I report a workplace injury or incident, and what is the time-frame for reporting?

If you ever get injured or sick while working at ACC, it’s essential to let your supervisor know immediately. You can then ask your supervisor or a co-worker to help you fill out the necessary form. You have up to 30 days to report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor.

How will my medical expenses be covered under Worker's Compensation?

Your medical expenses related to the work-related injury will generally be covered by Worker’s Compensation. In most cases, you may be required to see a designated healthcare provider authorized by ACC’s Workers’ Compensation insurance carrier for initial treatment. Subsequent treatment may require re-authorization from the insurance carrier.

What accommodations can help a smooth return to work after recovery?

Depending on the nature of your injury, ACC may make accommodations or adjustments to your work duties or provide a phased return-to-work plan to ensure a smooth transition back to your regular job responsibilities.

How does ACC manage my personal information?

We strive to keep your personal information protected in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.

Contact Us

Office of Risk Management & Transportation

Back to Top