Family and medical leave is available to staffing table employees and adjunct faculty who qualify, in accordance with the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), as amended.
Under the FMLA, eligible employees are employees who have worked for ACC for a total of at least 12 months and for at least 1,250 hours for the previous 12-consecutive-month period. The eligible employee may take up to 12 weeks of FMLA leave for specified and documented family and medical reasons. An employee’s FMLA leave will be measured under a “rolling” 12-month period measured backwards from the date the employee begins to use any FMLA leave, except for military caregiver leave.
Employees and supervisors should contact the HR Benefits Office when it appears an absence is likely to qualify for FMLA.
- Employment Handbook (PDF)
- Request for Family Medical Leave
- FMLA Physician Statement for Employee
- FMLA Physician Statement for Family Member
- FMLA Premium Recovery Authorization Form
- Certification of Fitness for Duty