Find mandatory and compliance training on Workday Learn! Search topics under “Compliance” and select a course offering.
Mandatory Employee Training
All new ACC employees must complete the mandatory training listed below. Staff and faculty must complete the training within 30 days from the start of their employment, while hourly personnel and adjunct faculty must complete it within the first three days.
Access the following in Workday Learning:
- Tapestry | ADA Awareness
- Groundswell | Harassment & Discrimination Prevention
- Meridians | Title IX and Sexual Misconduct Training
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training
Recommended Training (Non-Mandatory)
Learn more at the Health Sciences HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) webpage.
- HIPAA Non-Health Sciences – general employees; non-health sciences employees only)
- HIPAA For Health Sciences – health science employees and CE health science employees
Training for Emergency Health and Environmental Safety Professionals
Austin Community College follows the guidelines outlined in Chapter 21, Section 21.010 (Employment Discrimination Training for State Employees) of the Texas Labor Code with regard to providing training about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Harassment, Discrimination Prevention training for all employees. In accordance with these guidelines, all ACC employees shall receive ongoing employment disability awareness and harassment and discrimination prevention training that includes information about ACC’s policies and procedures relating to employment discrimination and sexual harassment.
- New staff and faculty must be in compliance no later than the 30th day after the date of employment or the date of employee assignment.
- New hourly employees must be in compliance no later than the third day after the date of employment or the date of employee assignment.
- All employees are required to maintain mandatory compliance. Mandatory training must be renewed on a biennial basis for ADA Awareness, Harassment & Discrimination Prevention, and Title IX/Sexual Misconduct training and on an annual basis for Cybersecurity Awareness training.
- An active employee is defined as a staff or hourly employee with a current position or an adjunct/faculty employee who has a current teaching or course assignment.