Welcome to the accreditation website for the Austin Community College District.
Institutional Planning & Accreditation Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Institutional Planning & Accreditation is to support Austin Community College’s compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) policies and standards.
ACC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Austin Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404-679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The purpose of publishing the name, address, website, and contact numbers of the Austin Community College regional accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is to meet federal requirements. Publication of this information is to enable interested constituents:
- To inquire about the accreditation status of Austin Community College;
- To ask questions about the accreditation process; or
- To pursue procedures for filing a complaint against Austin Community College regarding accreditation-related issues.
Normal inquiries about ACC, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, educational policies and practices, etc., should be addressed directly to the appropriate ACC office and not to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges’ office.
The college is recognized and sanctioned by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). Degrees and certificate programs are approved by the THECB.
The Importance of Regional Accreditation
Accreditation signifies that ACC has the services, resources, and programs necessary to provide students with a quality education, and the authority to award degrees and certificates. Accreditation also:
- Offers students access to federal financial aid.
- Facilitates the transfer of course credits to other institutions.
- Promotes excellence in such areas as curriculum, faculty credentials, and student services.
- Positions ACC as a preferred choice against non-accredited institutions.
We invite you to browse this site to learn about ACC’s compliance with accrediting standards, get updates about the Reaffirmation of Accreditation process, and discover how the college’s Quality Enhancement Plan will enrich student learning for years to come.Back to Top