Make Your Mark – Register to Vote
As an American citizen, your vote is your voice. On Election Day, every vote matters!
Austin Community College is dedicated to providing Central Texans with access to nonpartisan information about voter registration and voting procedures.
Registering to vote in Texas is easy! So long as you are eligible, you will be able to register to vote in your county of residence to make your voice heard in local, state and federal elections.
Texas law requires eligible voters to register by the 30th day before Election Day.
To confirm your voter registration status, you can visit the Texas Secretary of State’s “Am I Registered?“ portal, which allows you to look up your voter registration record in the statewide voter registration database.
Voter registration in Texas is county-based, so we encourage you to contact your county voter registrar for specific questions regarding the status of your voter registration.
Texans who have recently changed their name or moved can easily update their voter registration online through Texas.gov. Update your voter registration information online here.
Share it on Facebook!
With special #ACCVotes frames, you can let the world know you voted. Tag them with #ACCVotes and #ACC4Everyone.
Update your profile photo and use our story frames on your Facebook posts.
- Step 1: Visit the Change Your Profile Picture Facebook page.
- Step 2: Search for “ACC District.”
- Step 3: Select a frame, position, and scale it.
- Step 4: Click “Use as Profile Picture” and you’re all set!
Click a profile photo frame below to change and apply it to your profile pic!
You are eligible to vote if:
- You are a U. S. citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
How to register
- Visit www.votetexas.gov to check your voter registration status and/or obtain a voter registration form.
- Complete the voter registration form online. Print it, sign it, and mail or hand deliver it to your county registrar’s office.
Voter Information and Registration by County
|County||Cities||Voter Information||Check Registration||Voter Registration Application|
|Bastrop, McDade, Cedar Creek, Elgin, Paige, Red Rock, Rosanky, Smithville||View||Check||View|
|Dale, Lockhart, Luling, Martindale, Prairie Lea||View||Check||View|
|Kyle, Buda, Dripping Springs, Wimberly, Driftwood, Hays, Woodcreek||View||Check||View|
|Giddings, Lexington, Lincoln||View||Check||View|
|Austin, Del Valle, Leander, Manor, Pflugerville, Spicewood.||View||Check||View|
|Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Liberty Hill, Georgetown, Hutto, Taylor||View||Check||View|
Note: If you do not have a printer or would prefer to do the whole process in-person, you may pick up and complete your voter registration form at the registrar’s office instead.
Not sure what county you are in? This tool helps you figure out what US county you’re in by doing a search of your address: What County Am I In?
Need assistance? There are many nonpartisan organizations available to help you register to vote, including:Back to Top