The college has a bulk mail permit. This means that some periodicals and marketing materials mailed through the U.S. Postal Service are eligible for nonprofit postage privileges.
Follow these steps to ensure you receive the nonprofit rate when mailing your printed piece.
- Request postage estimate
- Once you have selected your print vendor, let them know you plan to mail the piece using the college’s bulk mail permit.
- The print vendor should provide a postage estimate based on the size and weight of the piece, and the bulk mail rate.
- Obtain OCRM review and approval
- The Office of College Relations & Marketing (OCRM) must review the piece to ensure it meets brand standards and qualifies for the bulk mail permit.
- Upon approval, the bulk mail permit number will be provided to the print vendor to be included on the mail piece.
- Submit a purchase request (PR) for postage
- Create a PR using the postage estimate provided by the print vendor. This is separate from the print estimate; funds will be paid to the post office, not the print vendor.
- Purchasing will provide a check for the senior mail clerk to deposit to the college’s bulk mail account with the post office.
- Alert senior mail clerk
- Inform the senior mail clerk of your mailing, including the number of pieces and the scheduled mail date(s).
- The senior mail clerk will pick up the check from the Cashiers Office, take it to the post office, and authorize the charge to the college’s bulk mail permit.
Please note: If the deposit is NOT received by the post office, the mail pieces will be rejected.
Contact us at email@example.com.Back to Top