Tuition Reimbursement Questions & Answers

Frequently Asked Questions video

Here is a video recording of the FAQs and their answers

Is there a minimum or maximum of classes I need to take for reimbursement?

No, but keep in mind that the program reimburses 75% of your tuition and fees up to $3000 per fiscal year and has a lifetime cap of $8,000.

Can I use reimbursement funding if I am a non-degree seeking student?

No, funding can only be used in the pursuit of degree.

Can I use reimbursement funding for certifications that relate to my work at ACC?

Unfortunately, certifications of any type are not reimbursable under the tuition reimbursement program.

What is considered a long semester at ACC for tuition reimbursement program purposes?

In an academic year, long semesters are Fall and Spring.

Can I attend a public/private university or college?

Yes, as long as the institution is accredited.

Am I obligated to continue working at ACC if I receive tuition reimbursement?

No, but we hope you will use your new skills to further your career here at ACC.

What type of degree qualifies for this program? 

Bachelor or higher level degress are eligible for the program.  

What does “accredited” mean?

The college or university must be accredited by one of the agencies below. Most schools will have this information listed on their website. The regional accrediting agencies are:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Northwest Accreditation Commission
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Can I still use my vouchers?

Yes, vouchers can still be used for classes at ACC.

Can I flex my schedule to take classes?

Classes are to be taken outside of work hours. However, in some limited instances, you and your supervisor can discuss a flexible work schedule to allow you to take classes. 

Do I need an ‘official’ copy of my transcript?

No, unofficial transcripts or grade reports will suffice as verification you have completed the course.

What if I don’t “pass” or make a “C or better” in my class?

You will not receive reimbursement for those classes.

How is longevity calculated for adjunct faculty?

Adjunct faculty members are awarded .5 longevity credits for each semester they teach (e.g., adjunct faculty teaching the Fall & Spring semesters in an academic year would receive one year of longevity).

What if my courses do not follow the traditional semester timeline?

If your courses follow a different timeline, like quarters, then please complete the Tuition Reimbursement form and provide your supporting documentation stating your unique situation by the deadline. We will work you throughout your educational journey to ensure, if you are eligible, that you receive your reimbursement at the appropriate intervals.

But I finished my degree recently (within the last year) and just found out about this program. Do I have any options for reimbursement?

Congratulations graduate! If you are a non-faculty employee, you could apply for the Education Incentive Award instead of reimbursement funding if you meet the criteria. For more information, view the Administrative Rule for Education Incentive Awards.

Back to Top
  • Contact HR

  • Back to Top