Career Connections and other Professional Development programming is being updated as part of the transition to Workday. Thank you for your patience. Please visit LinkedIn Learning for immediate and up-to-date training, help, and advice for career-building, branding, resume-building, and more. Log in to MyACC to activate your LinkedIn Learning license!
ACC Degree and Certificate Programs
Just because you are an employee doesn’t mean you can’t also be an ACC student. Explore the ACC website for information about earning an associate degree, obtaining college credits to transfer for a bachelor’s degree, or obtaining a specific career certificate.
Some ACC instructional department websites include job information related to that specific degree or certificate.
ACC Continuing Education (CE)
Continuing Education offers Assessment Services, Community Programs, Certificate Programs, Business & Industry skill courses, and courses related to health.
ACC Career Planning for Students
Visit ACC’s student Career Services webpage for an array of helpful information:
- Career Exploration: Research additional websites for information about choosing a career.
- Personal Assessments: Visit websites for additional self-assessments to help you learn about yourself.
- Occupational Outlook: Search for additional information on careers and anticipated future outlook for job openings.
- College and Career Plans: Review college expectations to determine the time and commitment involved and if you are willing to meet those expectations to enhance your future opportunities.
Career Plan Worksheet
Use the My Career Plan Worksheet to map out your career path. Whether you attend a Career Planning program or do it yourself, this tool will help you record the results of interest assessment and career paths identified, education or experience gaps, and a timeline to accomplish your plan.
Other helpful resources are available as follows:
Informational interviews involve talking with people who are currently working in the field to gain a better understanding of an occupation or industry — and to build a network of contacts in that field. You may ask questions about the job function, the company/organization/department, and the career path.
LinkedIn Learning for Employees
Visit LinkedIn Learning for a custom learning experience tailored to your own interests. Note: You do not need a LinkedIn networking profile to use this service. LinkedIn Learning is a separate service from LinkedIn professional networking.
Locate articles and career information at either your local library or ACC Library Services
Discuss the industry in which you have an interest with everyone you know – family, co-workers, and professional and social contacts. They may provide useful info or refer you to someone who can help.
Reduced Tuition at For-Profit Universities
ACC employees can receive discounts at these for-profit universities:
- Capella University – 10 percent
- Kaplan University – 20 percent for Kaplan Nursing Complete Class online course
- Regis University – 10 percent
- Western Governors University – 5 percent
- University of Phoenix – 5 percent
To take advantage of this discount, make sure your enrollment counselor is aware of your status with ACC. Be aware that tuition at some private or proprietary programs may be higher than public universities.
Learn more at Tuition Discounts With Educational Partners.Back to Top