Employee Identification Cards

To enhance the safety and security of the ACC community, the college distributes employee access/identification cards to be worn by employees while on campus. The ID cards include the employee’s photo and identification number.  

New or Replacement Access Cards

If you need a new or replacement access card, your supervisor must submit the District Access Form.

Upon receiving the form, Security Management will contact you by email or phone within three business days to schedule your card photo. If you are not contacted within three business days, call Security Management at 512-223-7275.

Campus Security Hours of Operation

  • Eastview: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Campus Manager’s Office (between Building 8000 and 9000)
  • Hays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Campus Manager’s Office, Building 1000
  • Highland: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – noon, 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.; District Security Management Office, Suite 2320, Building 4000
  • Riverside: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Campus Manager’s Office, Building A
  • Rio Grande: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Campus Manager’s Office, Building 1000
  • Round Rock: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Campus Manager’s Office, Building 1000

Frequently Asked Questions

Which department is responsible for issuing access cards and keys?

District Security Management is responsible for access cards issuing office keys. You can contact them at 512-223-7277 or 512-223-7275. Keys for desks and cabinets are handled by the Campus Manager’s Office on each respective campus. Campus Management does not have keys to SVC and HBC furniture. These should be reproduced either through Facilities or locksmiths.

Who should I contact if I have additional questions about card access or keys?

Contact District Security Management at 512-223-7277 or 512-223-7275, or go to the District Security Management office, Suite 2320, Building 4000, Highland Campus, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.

How do I know if the current card I have is actually an access card (vs. ID only)?

Some employees may have older ID cards that are not capable of receiving electronic access. You can determine whether your ID card is capable of receiving electronic access by looking at the back of your card. Look for a five-digit number below the magnetic stripe. If there is not a five-digit number below the magnetic strip, you will need a new card. The supervisor will then need to complete the District Access Form (see above).

What should supervisors put on the form when unsure which door(s) an employee will need access to?

Supervisors should provide the information that you do have. For example: campus, building, room number. Security Management will contact the supervisor if more information is needed to determine the appropriate key.

What is the responsibility of supervisors when their employees are leaving ACC?

Supervisors are responsible for collecting the keys at the time of, or before, the exit interview. The keys can be collected by the supervisor, or the supervisor can escort the employee to the campus police office to ensure that the keys are submitted. District Police or Security Management will indicate on the key request that the keys have been received.

What should I do if my key and/or access card has been lost/misplaced/stolen?

You are responsible for reporting a lost or stolen key and/or access card to District Police or Security Management immediately. You may contact the Police Office at your campus, or District Security Management Office. If this occurs after normal campus hours, you can contact the District Police dispatch office.
District Security Management: 512-223-7277/7275 (normal business hours)
District Police Dispatch: 512-223-7999 (24 hours/7 days a week)

How can I get a replacement for a lost/stolen key that was issued to me?

You are responsible for reporting this to the District Police immediately. District Police will make an incident report and provide you with an incident number. Your supervisor will need this incident report number when filling out a District Access Form (see above). There may be a replacement fee accessed by the vice president of safety and operations.

Do I need to fill out the District Access form each time I want to change access on a card?

Yes, however, with the Workday system, supervisors will not have to fill out much of the information the previous form required.

Back to Top
  • Back to Top