Career Connections and other Professional Development programming is being updated as part of the transition to Workday. Thank you for your patience. Visit LinkedIn Learning for immediate and up-to-date training, help and advice for career-building, branding, resume-building, and more! Sign in to MyACC to activate your LinkedIn Learning account!
You have skills, talents, knowledge, education, and experience that are valued at ACC. Use the following tools to discover how you can build upon that foundation for future career growth. For questions about job families or job descriptions, contact HR Compensation at email@example.com.
Job Families at a Glance
Each job at ACC is assigned to a job family. A job family is a set of ACC jobs supporting a related function, such as the Construction, Student Life, or the Help Desk families. To find the job family for your title:
- Go to Job Families At a Glance
- Locate your job title on that chart by typing in your title in the search box. For example, enter your title as it appears on your ACC job description. Example: Technician, Accounting.
- The name of your job family and job series is identified alongside your title.
- Beside each title, locate the pay grade and FLSA exemption status. For example, if exempt, you would not typically be eligible for overtime pay. At ACC, prof-tech employees are exempt from overtime and classified employees are not exempt.
- For a complete job description, search the title on ACC eHire.
Key Job Requirements At a Glance
Two key components of determining job opportunities are education and experience.
Searching job descriptions to find out those key components can be time-consuming. By viewing Key Job Requirements At a Glance and locating any ACC job title, you can quickly review the key work experience and educational requirements for that job. Educational requirements are also identified by color to better enable you to quickly identify positions that may match your educational background. See codes below.
Read more about using this site by viewing Identifying Career Paths at ACC.
Some skills, knowledge, education, and experience are transferable to other positions at ACC that may be outside your immediate job family. By locating any ACC job title on the Cross-college Positions chart, you can identify other ACC positions to explore.
For questions about job families or job descriptions, contact HR Compensation at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top