2023 Fall Pass will be available starting Aug 14. 2023. Request your Green Pass here.
Ride Capital Metro Services For Free!
The Green Pass offers unlimited rides to class, work, and anywhere else on the CapMetro transit system for one semester. Green Pass riders must show an ACC ID card upon request.
CapMetro just launched a new local rideshare option called Pickup. With the Pickup App (iOS/Android) and your ACC Green Pass, you can arrange on-demand transit service from and to anywhere within one of the Pickup Service Zones for free! Eastview, Northridge, and San Gabriel campuses are located within a Pickup zone.
Check out this video from Ghisallo Cycling Initiative on how to bike & train from Highland to Eastview Campus!
How to Get Your Green Pass
Green Passes are available to students enrolled in ACC credit classes, Adult Education students, and ACC faculty and staff. Continuing Education students and hourly employees are not eligible for a Green Pass.
- Register for ACC credit or Adult Education classes.
- Pay your full tuition or set up a payment plan.
- If you are new to ACC, claim your ACC email address. ACCmail is required for the Green Pass and for all ACC official communication.
- Get an ACC Student ID card.
- Visit the Green Pass Request website. Log in using your ACCeID to request your free Green Pass (digital OR paper).
- Physical Pass: You can pick it up at your preferred Campus Manager’s Office with your ID.
- Digital Pass: Install the CapMetro App (Android, iPhone) on your phone with your ACC email. Submit your Digital Pass request from the Green Pass Request website. You will receive your digital pass within the 48 hours of your submission. View instructions for getting an ACC Digital Green Pass.
Eligible faculty and staff may obtain a free Green Pass by completing step 5 with their ACC Employee ID card.
Using a Physical Green Pass
- Bus riders: Swipe (do not insert) your Green Pass in the fare box and show your ACC ID card while boarding.
- MetroRail riders: Insert your Green Pass in the ticket validator and show your ACC ID card when a fare inspector asks.
Using a Digital Green Pass
Bus/MetroRail riders: Activate your digital pass on your phone before you get on board the vehicle. Show your digital pass on your phone to the bus driver or the fare inspector.
Use your Green Pass for Capital Metro Fixed Route Service, Express Bus Service, MetroAccess, and MetroRail services. View the CapMetro Rider’s Guide for help getting started.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are no longer actively enrolled in ACC, your Green Pass is deactivated.
The Green Pass is valid for one semester. You must order a new pass each semester.
ACC Green Pass is allowed in only one device, please contact email@example.com to move your digital pass from your old phone to your new phone.
Lost or stolen replacement passes are available for $25 (non-refundable). Go to ACC Green Pass Replacement to submit payment and the lost pass will be deactivated.
A damaged pass can be replaced at no charge. Present the damaged pass to Campus Manager’s Office; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No, this program covers only ACC students, faculty, and staff. An ACC ID card must be shown upon request. If you misuse your Green Pass, you may lose Green Pass privileges.
You may use the Green Pass anywhere and at any time on the CapMetro system.
ACC’s sustainability fee and revenue from parking permit fees funds the Green Pass program.